How can Invisalign improve my teeth?
Invisalign invisible orthodontics is a technique that allows teeth to be aligned by means of transparent caps or splints that can be removed and put on. These plastic aligners are placed on the teeth, without the need for the patient to wear metal braces. It is a personalized treatment for each patient, which achieves the straightening of your teeth with a sequence of aligners that are changed as the teeth move, thus correcting dental orthodontic problems during a comfortable and safe process.
Benefits of clear aligners
- It is an alternative to fixed appliances. Allows teeth to be straightened from virtually invisible and removable aligners, providing comfort and aesthetics.
- The aligners adapt perfectly to your teeth and are changed at the interval determined by the specialist, as they gradually move.
- Invisalign is a transparent and removable appliance so it does not affect your daily life. You can remove it to eat, drink, brush your teeth or attend special events. And unlike fixed braces, there is no need to go to a professional to remove or replace them.
- In addition to being comfortable and removable, this treatment is effective because the results can be seen as soon as the straightening process begins.
Does this type of treatment cause pain?
The answer to this question that every orthodontic patient asks is no. When a new aligner is placed in the mouth, it can be straightened. When a new aligner is placed as part of the Invisalign treatment, discomfort may be felt because the aligner does not fit perfectly with the teeth and the force that must be applied to produce this adjustment. This discomfort does not last more than 15 or 20 minutes and is completely bearable.
Invisalign treatment has other advantages for the patient:
- It is a very aesthetic system for the patient.
- They can be removed. Moreover, the aligners must be removed to eat and brush the teeth. The patient can remove the aligners by himself in a simple way, so, before a special situation such as a celebration, a job interview or an appointment, he can easily take them off for a few hours.
- The aligners apply light and controlled forces, making this treatment much more comfortable than any other type of orthodontics. You do not notice anything while wearing the aligners, they are very comfortable to wear.
- It does not use wires, so the revisions to which the patient must undergo are much shorter and can be spaced in time much more than in the case of using conventional braces. By having to visit the dentist’s office less often and for less time, the patient’s normal routine is less disrupted when undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- The patient knows the exact treatment time thanks to the determination of the number of aligners that will be necessary to carry out the movement of the teeth.
- It allows all types of food to be eaten. To eat, the aligners are removed thus avoiding deformation due to hot food or beverages. It is very comfortable to eat since this function can be performed without the aligners in place, making normal life easier during orthodontic treatment.